Sunday, October 2, 2011

Have You Ever Tried...

...to take a picture of yourself?  Duh - I should try the trick of taking a photo of myself in a mirror - but not when it's dark outside.

Got the notion to see if I could take some photos of myself tonight.  This is what happens when a Wisconsinite is giddy from all these team victories:  Brewers are up 2-zip against the Arizona Diamondbacks and only need to win one more game - ONE MORE GAME - and then it starts all over again against whoever is the victor of the Cardinals-Phillies play-offs. 

The Wisconsin Badgers won last night big time and moved up in the AP and Coaches' Poll standings, YAAAHHHH!

The Packers won convincingly against the Denver Broncos and Aaron Rodgers had a career night.  Brett WHO?

After several attempts where all I got was mostly hair and darkness, here are two salveageable photos of yours truly, taken by yours truly :)  No make-up on, eek!  Wearing the grubby turtleneck and sweatshirt I wore while working outside earlier today and running up and down from/to the basement doing laundry.  Well, at least the camera can't smell...


Whoa!  I look rather like the mad woman of Challot
in this photo!  If you saw this face across a chessboard, would you run?
In the background is my old entertainment center (does anyone even have one anymore other than me???) flanked on each side by overloaded bookcases.  On top of the ET sharp eyes will pick out my 12 inch tall alter-ego Xena riding a black Indian elephant.  Unlike me, she always wears make-up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks to me like you have the gift of the Kasparov Death Stare!

Jan said...

LOL! I'll have to practice that in the mirror :) I intend to send all those youngsters I'll be playing at the Hales Corners Chess Challenge XIV screaming into the hallways, me and my whopping 579 rating...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...