Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2011 Blizzard - Fini

It will take several more days of shovelling before I get the deck clear - I'm not sure I even want to try, LOL!  Oh my aching muscles.  I shouldn't complain - actually despite the volume the snow is fairly light, except the ice-berm at the base of the driveway that the plows leave behind, our local tax dollars hard at work!



Yes, there's a branch stuck in that snow drift on the deck - one of several hundred that came flying down overnight in the strong, gusting winds - part of the clamor that kept me awake most of the night.  I expect a lot of people in the area didn't get much sleep - it was way too noisy outside!  Tonight it's a long hot soak in the tub and horse linament for me, and hitting the sack at 9 p.m.  You can get a feel for just how much snow was deposited courtesy of relentless blowing and drifting from a classic nor'easter.

Here's what the front looks like now, after several hours of hard manual labor.  Mr. Don, where are you when I need you?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...