Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Depression-Era "Monopoly" Celebrates 75th Anniversary!

Honestly, not sure where I got this from.
Will Parker Brothers sue me?
Since we're in a frigging Depression right now in the USA (let's get real, economists - I have a degree in Economics, I know what the hell is going on), this is a good time to be celebrating the birthday of "Monopoly."  Won't get into all the details about law suits, etc., on who first invented the game and how - allegedly - Parker Brothers stole the game.  That's another story, unfortunately, one we seem to keep hearing over and over and over again with respect to lots of others things on how average but enterprising Americans keep getting ripped off.  It's a rigged game, darlings.

I don't know how long this link may remain interactive, but for now, try it out, at the BBC Online:

25 August 2010 Last updated at 11:06 ET
7 questions on board games

P.S.  I didn't take it.  I figured it's rigged somehow or other. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...