Sunday, June 20, 2010

2010 U.S. Women's Chess Championship

It begins on July 9 and ends July 19th, and there are lots of great activities planned besides what I'm sure will be a whole series of great games of chess.

Live commentary will once again be provided by WGM Jennifer Shahade and GM Ben Finegold.  I so enjoyed listening to them last year through my headphones at the office while I was pretending to work, all the time clicking constantly on the games to see what the heck was going on as I listened to Jen and Ben.

There is still not much going on at the event the website for the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of St. Louis, official host and sponsor of the 2010 U.S. Chess Championship, 2010 U.S. Women's Chess Championship, and 2010 U.S. Juniors' Closed Chess Championship.  I "hear" stuff is going on at the Facebook site - so if you're a member of Facebook check it out.

The total prize fund will be at least $64,000.00.  PLUS -

Goddesschess and 9 Queens are pleased to present a "Fighting Chess Award" prize of $1,000.00!!!

Stay tuned for further details.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...