Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Packers come on at noon, they're playing the annual Shriners Game in Detroit against the Lions. I'll be having dinner at 3 p.m. with some of the family at one of my sister's. She's a great cook and I stuff myself unrepentantly and always bring home leftovers! Yum! The office is closed tomorrow, so I have a 4-day weekend, yippee! Kevin the incredible handyman whom my friend Ann told me about, is wrapping up various projects around the house and will be back on the job tomorrow morning. Right now I am battling drywall dust (he's doing replacement/patching of the drywall on the basement stairwell and patching settlement cracks and the hole in the living room ceiling left by the plumber's March visit to fix a leaking toilet). I will be glad when THAT is finished - I'm tired of cleaning every single day and I don't know if I'll ever get rid of all the dust - I hate dusting! I discovered I need an industrial strength shop vac. Maybe I can talk my sister into going shopping tomorrow after all... Normally I don't pay much attention to those emails one always gets that are circulated to 50,000 other people, but these Turkey-day cartoons made me laugh out loud, something we could all use more of in these dark days. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...