Sunday, November 22, 2009

Deysi Cori Wins World U-16 Title

Sports 22 November, 2009 [ 00:03 ] Peru's Daisy Cori wins U-16 World Chess Championship LivinginPeru.com Isabel Guerra The young chess player Daysi Cori confirmed that she is the best in her category worldwide after winning the U-16 World Chess Championship, currently taking place in the town of Kemer, Turkey. Daysi beat Georgian Mariam Danelia and added 9.5 points in the table, taking a lead of 1.5 points to its closest competitor (Meri Arabidze) and took the title. "I'm very, very happy, very happy. In the last world championships I have not had the opportunity to reach the top. I only would see how the Europeans won and sang their national anthems. Now I'll be amongst them," she said in a telephone conversation with El Comercio. Daysi still has an scheduled game for tomorrow against Nazi Paikidze (Georgia) but even is she loses the game she will still be the champion. However she wants to stay undefeated: "Anyway I'll go to win my last game," he said.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...