Monday, September 7, 2009

Shira Chess Challenge for Charity: Game 3

Hola darlings! It's another gorgeous day here, but that didn't help my chessplaying today, oy! I fell flat on my face nearly out of the gate and it went downhill from there. My only consolation is that I managed to play enough defense to make Shira chase me halfway around the board before she was finally able to close in on checkmate :) I even teased her about it, saying I was making her work for it. Naughty JanXena! For whatever reason, I just had nothing today! I'm embarrassed to post this game here, I played so poorly. Oh well. Here goes - don't laugh too hard at me! [Event "Online Chess"] [Site "Chess.com"] [Date "2009.09.07"] [Round "1"] [White "shirae"] [Black "JanXena"] [Result "1-0"] [WhiteElo "1455"] [BlackElo "945"] [TimeControl - none - we played without clocks and finished in about 1.5 hours] [Termination "shirae won by resignation"] 1.d4 d5 2.Bg5 f6 3.Bf4 Nc6 4.Nf3 Bf5 5.e3 e6 6.Bd3 Qd7 7.a3 Bd6 8.Bxd6 Qxd6 9.Bxf5 O-O-O 10.Bd3 g6 11.Nbd2 g5 12.h3 h6 13.c4 Nge7 14.Rc1 f5 15.b4 Qd7 16.b5 Nb8 17.Ne5 Qe8 18.c5 Rf8 19.c6 Nexc6 20.bxc6 Nxc6 21.Nxc6 bxc6 22.Qa4 Rd6 23.Qxa7 Kd7 24.Bb5 Ke7 25.Qxc7+ Kf6 26.Qxd6 cxb5 27.Rc7 Rf7 28.Qe5+ Kg6 29.Rxf7 Qxf7 30.O-O g4 31.Rc1 Kg5 32.Rc7 Qg6 33.Rg7 1-0 I am sooooo glad the match is over! Now I can relax! It was fun, but exhausting. I sincerely doubt now that I would ever be able to play in a tournament, even if I could get my game up to snuff. I don't have the physical stamina. Right now I feel like a wrung-out dishcloth, although I feel better now than at 11:30 a.m., about when the game finished, because I walked down to the store to relieve some of the built-up stress and tension almost immediately after I signed off to Shira. At least today my head didn't ache! It just wasn't working at all, LOL! I think I must have left my brain in bed this morning. My faithful coach Kelly Atkins a/k/a Chessdaddy, did an analysis of Game 2 for me, and I even understand it! That's rather scary, actually :) He was very encouraging too, about the level of my play in Game 2. He said something to the effect of "you played better than you led me to believe you could." Alas, Chessdaddy, not today! I'm sorry. I will sit down soon and play over Game 2 the slow way on a real board (I get too confused trying to do it online), and also Game 1 when I have that analyzed. I can't stand the thought of looking at Game 3! Here is a picture of Shira (again at Starbucks) taken during our game today. Of course she looks happy! She won all three games, boo hoo hoo. Part of me wants to get REVENGE! The rational part of me is saying "Oh for goddesssake, Jan, concentrate on something you do well, like writing and researching. Forget chess." Oy - now I've to listen to good angel/bad angel battle it out on my shoulders for the next couple of days. Geez!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...