Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Night Miscellany

A brief post before calling it a night - spent the entire time since arriving home from the office taking care of other Goddesschess business. I need a secretary! First story up - poor squirrels (literally!) in West Virginia suffering from severe drop off in food supply during Recession - Mother Nature style. As the humans go, so, it seems, are the squirrels. Hard times for both these days. Anyone out there remember the Bermuda Triangle hoo-ha that became popularized back in the 1970's? I read a book by Charles Berlitz way back then -- I don't remember how I found my way to it -- but it may very well have been that book that started me on a non-stop journey into the netherworlds of alternate history, so-called 'quasi-science,' etc. etc. Now, nearly 40 years later, I'm more selective in what I read - but just as curious as I was then, and always, the questions are there. These days the questions are mostly directed toward ancient board games, but not always :) Here, then, appears at the Daily Grail a story about how two Bermuda Triangle mysterious disappearances may have been solved. I thought it totally fascinating. Volkswagen will be coming out with a car that gets 240 miles per gallon! Got to love the next-generation Beetle! Nature Gone Amok! Report of bunnies attacking snakes! Ohmygoddess! And how about this report of a squirrel attacking and killing a bat? Ohmygoddess! Never-reported-before behavior that I find extremely unsettling and upsetting. Seriously, are these harbingers of Mother Nature planning a Berserker? Definitely NOT something I want to see. Huge money dumped to river to appease Goddess -- Goddess Manasha, to be exact. The article noted in its last paragraph: No devotees, mostly fishermen, ventured back to the waters to retrieve the currency notes fearing divine curse. Er, do these curses work the same way the curses that were laid upon those who violated the ancient tombs of the Pharaohs were supposed to work - that is to say, NOT AT ALL, in deterring theft and stealing from the goddess and/or deceased? I bet 1 lakh some just waited until the last lingerers and reporters were out of the area before diving in...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...