Monday, April 20, 2009

More on Austen

I watched "Lost in Austen" over the weekend. I thought it was great fun. Some amazing plot twists occur when Lizzie Bennet isn't around to keep things on track. Unfortunately, the Darcy character was really nasty to 21st century Amanda Price - who ended up swapping places with Elizabeth Bennet, much to Amanda's chagrin. If I'd been Amanda and Darcy said some of those things to me he said to her, he'd be stooped over permanently from a damaged scrotum. That they fall in love is absolutely improbable; no one could ever love this Darcy. He was gorgeous in a wet shirt, though. I see a new review too, by Mark Bostridge (Literary Review) on yet another Austen-related book: AUSTENMANIA Jane's Fame: How Jane Austen Conquered the World By Claire Harman (Canongate 342pp £20)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...