Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chess and Stamps: Caxton

We get all kinds of email at Goddesschess. Today I received one from a Spanish website - all in Spanish! Unfortunately, I do not speak or read Spanish, but with the aid of the Babelfish translator at Altavista.com, I was able to decipher enough to determine that the email was about an article on stamps featuring William Caxton's images (woodcuts) from his moral on the game of chess. Somewhere in my totally unorganized library, I have a photocopy of an 1800's reprint of this very old tome. I visited the link provided to the website and found the article - entirely in Spanish. If you are interested in stamp collecting and/or collecting stamps strictly related to chess, you may find it of interest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...