Friday, January 30, 2009

Honky Tonk Angels

Oy! Three Goddesses of Country Music. This song brings back memories - mostly of Kitty Wells and her great hit "Honky Tonk Angel," which my dad played over and over and over until the 45 rpm record wore out (mom was an Elvis fan and I learned how to bob to "Aint Nothin But a Hound Dog"). Lo and behold, while checking out youtube.com for Linda Ronstadt videos, I came across this gem, teaming up a young Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette singing "Silver Threads and Golden Needles," an enduring classic that has been fronted by I don't know how many stars and not-so-stars! Cuz the words of the song are true, darlin's, and that's all I'm gonna say... Please check out the video - and watch for Gene Simmons in an hilarious cameo, along with many of the greats of rock and roll, rock-a-billy, and country-western.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...