Sunday, February 3, 2008

New Chessville Column by JanXena

Hooray, darlings! My latest experimental column for those cute guys over at Chessville (macho men, every last one of them - too bad they don't know that macho means "stupid goat" in Spanish, but then, I don't hold that againt them - much) is now online!!!!! TA DA! If I do say so myself (and I do), it's a great column, please read it and pump up my ego to even more enormous size than it presently is... I'm experimenting with the formatting of the column - within the somewhat antiquated confines of Chessville's design (they are working on that, thank Goddess, perhaps we will see something new and updated within the next 50 years). A running gag will be the photo icon for JanXena, which will change regularly - we'll see if anyone notices. Well, now, no fair since I tipped all my two readers off :) I am working on yet more ingenious ways to present my bona fide Xena doll astride (or whatever) in various poses with her bronze horsey (not a matched set). I'm trying to keep it clean, but having way too much fun shooting what appear to be x-rated photos with my digital camera. But - ahem - since Chessville is a family-rated website except for the occasional profanity that they allow yours truly, I deleted most of those shots from my memory card :) Now - about that name - JanXena on Les Echecs des Femmes (literally, JanXena on Women's Chess) - it wasn't my first choice. After some kicking around with my editor who disguises himself as Alekhine's Parrot over at Chessville, we had pretty much settled on JanXena's Girlie Chess News (long story) - but that caused a sort of mini-revolt amongst the other editors and principals of Chessville and so it was decreed by the Webmaster himself that the name of the column should be blah blah blah. However, I'm still a fan of JanXena's Girlie Chess News. So, if you like that title better than the oh-so-presumptious Les Echecs des Femmes (I mean, darlings, it's FRENCH) then write to Chessville and let them know what you think about their censorship, er, choice of title.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...