Sunday, September 16, 2007

Moro World Chess Championship Tournament Update

Game 4 with Moro as white against Anand is still going on as far as I can tell. Sources I read report that Anand played a novelty move and Moro chose to complicate things even more. Here are Mig's comments about Moro's game 3 victory yesterday: The only decisive game of the day was Morozevich's typically bamboozling effort against Svidler. I swear that man plays some moves just to see the look on the other guy's face. It was one of the most unnatural sequences I've seen in a long time as Svidler chased Moro's queen around and Morozevich kept finding ways to keep material on the board. Eventually Svidler worked his way into a miserable position with two knights versus two bishops and a pair of mobile center pawns. How did that happen? The Moro works in mysterious ways. I'll update this entry when I know what the result is. 8:10 p.m. Moro drew with Anand after white's 61st move. The only victory today was Aronian's with white against Leko. The standings haven't been updated at the official website yet. Monday (September 17) is a free day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...